Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Respect the game!

After my session of learning, chatting, and playing with the pro Kenny Tran, I've returned to my old ways and respected the game. I TAG'ed it up and folded all but premium hands. I'd raise with good stuff then have no compunction at all about dumping it when the flop completely misses me. A short and sweet session where I got in, did my damage, then took off. Once again I had a prototypical good session where I only got my money in real good and only lost minimal amounts on my losing hands. The session's three biggest wins netted 1.01, .80 and .59 whereas the three biggest losses cost me .08 apiece. The .02/.05 tables are getting more and more comfortable to the point where I am basically playing them the same as the little tables though I am still very conscious of when I am in a hand at the higher stakes. Plus $2.23 for the session which repairs most of the damage from donking off chips last night and brings my green line within .65 of break even. Having my green line dip below zero was a wake up call and I really want to play well enough that I can get the green line to show some growth which boosts my blue line even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment