Thursday, February 18, 2010

Speed heater

Decide to sit down and grind my way back at the penny tables as penance for diving in too deep earlier. That will help enforce the idea that I should transition in to higher stakes instead of going whole hog.

I open up a few tables and at my first table I get AKKT in the BB. UTG makes it .06 to go. It folds to me and I am going all the way with this premium hand so I pot it back to him. He wants to dance so we get it all in and I'm 60/40 against his less than premium JT95ds. He flops a flush but it includes a king in it so I knocked back to a 33/67 dog. But just reigns as the board pairs queens to boat me up and leave him drawing dead. Then I get the case king for my third quad kings of the day just to throw it back in his face that much more. The very next hand he's in the BB and there is a pot and a call in front of me and I want to see a flop with KTTJss so I call as well. Same guy to my left pots it to .20 leaving himself .09 behind in what looks like a steam raise. Two calls behind and come along as well. Flop is 5QK suits irrelevant giving me top pair and open ender so I pot it, mostly because I want to stack this guy who actually folds to save his last nine cents. Then I get a re-pot and call-in behind me so I toss in my last .16. I'm up against a flopped three pair and some guy who didn't want to isolate with his AAT8ss pre-flop. Aces makes his set but fills my straight. River is a blank and I pull down a $2.11 pot after two hands starting with a .40 buy in before I even get to any other tables. I've done the hit(s), now it's time to run. See ya.

Next key hand I see a flop with KKJ6ss and the flop comes 7Q9 in my suit giving me a gutter and a flush draw to go with an overpair which brings two set outs. If I'm behind, as it turns out I was to bottom set, then I certainly can draw out. I turn my straight then river my flush. Sorry, didn't catch my set but I do rake the pot. I take down a few smaller hands after that and in ten minutes and 32 hands I roll up $3.92. If I could only maintain that $24/hour win rate! I had my sprint of run good and decide to punch out of my tables and bank my win for now.

In short order I repaired my divot that the higher stakes left me so once again I skate out of trouble and learn my lesson without being dinged for it.

If only all sessions could look like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment