Friday, February 26, 2010

The secret sauce?

There's not enough data to go on yet but I believe that I've been underplaying my AAxx hands. Digging through the HEM database I am definitely EV+ for all the times I picked up AAxx and just kept my foot to the floor. Sure I get run down sometimes and occasionally I'm dumping in chips way bad but overall it is a winning strategy. After a terrible run when starting out at .02/.05 and having players flop perfect against me I got gun shy and played my big hands way weaker, essentially doing massage raises and set mining for an ace. Over the past couple thousand hands or so I've reversed my take on that and have gone back to driving AAxx hand all the way through again as long as I can get reasonable isolation pre-flop and can be pot committed on the flop. Since then my chart has ticked up and I've become more profitable at the nickel tables. Since I'm folding a lot of hands, not bluffing, and rarely taking cards off, I think the aggressive AAxx tactic compensates for the very tight play for other hands. Incidentally, KKxx is profitable as well but only about 1/3 as much due largely to the times that KKxx run into AAxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment