Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Did I say break even on Rush?

Well that was a short stay above water. Since break even I've dropped about $20 or 10 buy ins. Not sure how much of this I want to blame on myself but here are the biggest hands I lost in that stretch.

* Ax9h on a four hearted board. Lose to Qh. This was a steal attempt that I ended up following up on. Plus I had exceeded my $2 limit and should have cashed out before this hand. Terrible decision making on my part.

* Aces cracked by K6. Pre-flop, he potted and I repotted to put 1/3 of my stack in. He flopped two pair and that was that.

* AQ vs AA on A67 flop. I potted pre and he flat called behind. I briefly considered that I was up against AK but figured AK would re-raise...and I was right. He didn't have AK.

* 99 vs JJ with both being overpairs to the board.

* 88 vs KT flip. Pre-flop, there's a pot sized bet and KT flats. I repot, everyone in between folds, then KT shoves. I cannot give him credit for 99 or better so I get it all in. T on the flop.

* AK vs 55. A33 flop and I decide to slow play it. 5 on turn and I stack off.

* JJ vs QQ with both being overpairs to the board.

* 99 vs Ah6h. I flop second set and he can't let go of his heart draw which comes on the river after the money went in.

* AcKc vs TT flip and I miss.

* AsKs vs 77 flip and I miss that one too.

* TJos on T6Q 9 board. I get it in on the turn with a pair and open ender and lose to KJ who was already there. Also a blind steal attempt that I should have just dumped after the steal failed.

* J6 vs A4 on 46A J ... board. Yet one more steal attempt that I followed through with. Free card to let me make my two pair then I got it in.

All of those hands cost me 2/3 of a buy in or more. Got my money in terribly a few times and got unlucky on others. Biggest lesson learned: after a steal attempt fails let it go. Blinds were up for the asking today and I was indeed feasting on them a great deal. I probably would have been up for the day if I did nothing but steal blinds when I was first to the pot but instead I decided to flush those chips down the toilet. Also need to be better aware of more skillful players during the day who will flat with large pairs. That's a big hole I dug for myself and it will take some doing to fill it up again. Though I hate to use rakeback as a crutch I am at least still EV+ including RB but I am really targeting being EV+ against the rake as my benchmark. Yeesh, what a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment