Thursday, May 6, 2010

HOTD: Double shot

Nickel NLHE Rush and I'm in the SB when I pick up bullets with a fresh stack minus a BB and a SB. MP raises it to 4xBB, I repot to .65, shove, call. He shows AK and after I get past a broadway/paint-ish board I  double up.

Normally I click the "sit out" button when I'm in the middle of a big hand so that I can take my profits off the table but I missed the boat this time and I'm dealt into the next hand receiving AQos in the BB. I'm heads up against an MP limper and am forced to see an AdTs7s flop. Not a bad hand/flop to get for "free" so I pot it and figure that will be that. Instead the limper, who has me covered, shoves. Yuck. Three things were going through my mind - first, don't go broke in a limped pot; second, this guy is on a draw and the right thing to do for this hand is to call; third, the fact that I'm double stacked is making me lean away from calling here. In the end I go with what I feel the numbers are telling me is the right move and call. Villain shows down KJos with a dead backdoor flush draw since I have his suit covered and a gutter with a tooth missing since I have a Q. Board double blanks and I scoop a record $7.40 pot.

PS - I had the sit out next hand button during the second hand so I can put the sugar in the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment