Monday, May 3, 2010

$26 coin flip

In order to try to monetize my Iron Man medals I used 140 of them and bought a $26 tournament ticket which is good for any $24+2 or $25+1 tourneys. The one I chose was a Step 3 single table tourney which paid out five of the nine spots. 1st and 2nd got a Step 4 ticket worth $75. 3rd and 4th got a replacement Step 3 ticket. Fifth place got a Step 2 ticket. Table is playing pretty tight. I raise one hand with AQ and get folds. Then I pick up QQ in the 3rd blind level, 25/50 with T1500 starting chips. I pot it to 200, get raised by the SB. Yuck. If I'm beat I'm beat but I'm not folding queens in this structure so I shove and get called by AKos. King on the flop but adjoining jack gives me running straight possibilities. Turn is a brick and the river taunts me with another king. That coin flip would have put me in the chip lead and I likely could have coasted into getting a 3rd or 4th place finish to get a Step 3 ticket which I could have converted at the cashier window to get $24.70 in cash after they take the 5% transaction fee. Darn. Oh well, I will be earning many more medals in the future and will get plenty of chances to convert them into cash. Just didn't work out this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment