Monday, May 17, 2010

MMM: How's it going?

Dear Sushi Cowboy,


I have enjoyed reading your blog but have noticed that there haven't been many posts lately. I was wondering how the grind has been? Any news?


Shannon E.
Los Angeles

Hello Shannon,

I've been playing every day. That will assure that I will qualify for the One a Day freeroll and I'm well on my way to making Iron Man gold status for this month. Playing nickel Rush has made it really easy to grind out points. I've dipped down in that game but lately I've nitted up and have been essentially EV neutral against the rake so I'm netting out about three bucks a day in rakeback. But I should be getting about twice that when the Iron Man semi-annual bonus is announced as it is expected to be.

There's really not a lot to report playing Rush. I'm folding pretty much everything under the sun (seriously, my VPIP is < 10 playing nine handed tables) and playing all of my premium hands very fast. I've even become less enchanted by AK and pairs QQ and lower. I still play them of course but much more carefully. Generally speaking I won't go to the mat pre-flop with AK anymore unless I'm getting a decent price. The sessions end up all looking very similar, a blur of hole cards getting pitched, raising big hands for value, and stealing blinds every so often. I run KK into AA here and there, get sucked out on horribly from time to time, but mostly just post blinds and wait to stack someone.

So sorry that there isn't much content for you to read. When I have something interesting or pass a big milestone then I'll post but until there news my blog is going to be pretty quiet. Thanks for your interest. Call me.

Sushi Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment