Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What a day

Played some Rush last night and had some free time today so I played some more. Pretty much held steady with a little bit of slippage. Then for some reason I decided to "open up my game" with terrible results. Before too long I was $20 deep so then I decided to play my way out of it and in doing so I set a new high water mark for hands in a day while recouping some of my losses. Thanks to the innovation that is Rush poker I got in 10,205 hands today averaging over 1000 hands/hour in the process. That was good for 434 Iron Man point which is well above the 50 per day I was eeking out last month and the 100 per day I've been targeting this month. Add 171 bonus points for playing during happy hour periods thorughout the day and I netted over 600 points which is over 0.22% of the MacBook I'm saving up points for.

I don't mind being EV neutral against Rush because it allows me to partake in my wheelhouse which is bonuses and promotions. The problem is that once I slip down it makes it hard to make up the difference when the best you can do is tread water. So in order to try to remedy the situation I added in the cbet to my arsenal with good results. Cbets were not enough to fully make up for the divot I left after my bad run in the middle of the day though. Plus I had some run bad. Take KK for example. I managed to get all in pre-flop with them 11 times and lost money over that run. Ran them into AA three times, outflopped by AK and AJ, and got it in versus JJ and TT in a massive pot that went to the big stack who overcalled with TT and spiked a set. I won the rest but still ended down two buy ins just from KK all in pre.

Once I got out of my funk I did manage to play pretty solid. I need to figure out what else I need to do to be more EV+ at the game. After rakeback I'm only down about eight bucks, which is more manageable than when I was down over $20 including rakeback.

Tomorrow will be another day and I don't plan on coming anywhere near 10K hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment