Sunday, August 1, 2010

Inevitable downturn

Well I can't just not play after being on a heater because that's not going to get it done. I will eventually have to grind out a ton of games and face the reality that I'm...gasp...not a double digit ROI player so I decide to play a little after Saturday Night Poker. Perhaps not a good idea? Dunno but I went on an immediate 0 for 6 slide after whiffing on two straight sets of three which is $31.80 right off the top of my roll and dropped me out of the vaunted 700 club. Bummer, but certainly a definite possibility. I call it a night then get up and play some more after getting some sleep. Bam, drop four more which is $53 off of peak and a number which is too close to approaching 10% of my roll. But I soldier on and finally get some of it back. I bounce around for a few more tourneys before catching fire and getting back to "just" four buy-ins down which I write off as just one first place money from breaking even for the day. I'm glad just to keep the damage minimized. But before calling it a day I decide to jump into the fray and finish off strong including three straight first place finishes which put me over the top for the day while setting a new high water mark of $737.38. Actually it should be over $740 but my rakeback reports have been empty for the past couple of days so there are a few bucks not accounted for. Inevitable downturn...postponed. ROI at an even more absurd 14.2% now. I'm bracing for impact.


No comments:

Post a Comment