Monday, August 2, 2010

MMM: Account security

Hey Sushi,


Nice work on building your bankroll. One thing to keep in mind is that the bigger your roll, the more people want to hack your account. Trust me, I had it happen to me once. So take measures to secure your money.


Greg R.
Stoningham, CT

Greg,

Thanks for the warning. I'm kind of a security minded guy in general so I appreciate the concern. I have to confess that for convenience sake I've had the FTP client software save my login and my password for one click login. However, I keep my machine locked when not in use and my screen saver auto-locks after 15 minutes of idle time so I don't feel like that is a major issue. Ever since I started my serious run and went past $400 or so I did take the additional step of implementing a PIN, which in the FTP software is done by clicking on three different cards in sequence after entering your login and password. I feel that that is a very strong counter-measure against hacks. I do plan on continuing to build my roll though and will end up spending some FT Points on getting the security key software for my phone at some point. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sushi Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment